ADVANCE AUTOMATION™ Hydra-Hone Shot Sleeve ReconditionerMAXIMIZE YOUR SHOT SLEEVE LIFE
Consistent movement of the plunger through the shot sleeve is essential for maximum productivity and quality in the casting process. During the molten process, shot sleeves can become distorted, so it is crucial to consistently check your shot sleeve integrity and consider reconditioning when necessary.
Our vertical Hydra-Hone automated solution for reworking die-casting cold chambers is an effective tool for maintaining your die-cast shot sleeve program. It requires less floor space, provides greater flexibility, and reduces the number of honing fixtures needed. This will ultimately benefit you with reduced labor requirements, less downtime, extended shot sleeve lifespan, and less money spent on replacing your current sleeves.
Die-Casting Shot Sleeve Reconditioning Features
- Magnetic Limit Switch allows honing stroke adjustment within tolerance of machine
- Position adjustment for sleeves from 3 to 8 inches outside diameters
- Beta-Plus controls package
- Reciprocal feed monitoring and stroke count programming
- Continuous monitoring of dual hydraulic systems
- Over/under torque honing head protection
- Audible and Visual Alarms in case of system shutdown
- Versatility of machine setup, changing of sleeves, operation, and maintenance
- Up to 99 cycles before automatic shutdown